In granting admission to the Regents Alternative Pathway to Iowa Licensure (RAPIL), consideration is given to the scholarship, health, character, dispositions, and leadership potential of the applicant. Admission to RAPIL is denied to anyone who has made unsuccessful attempts in previous teacher licensure programs.
- Baccalaureate degree or higher
- 2.75 GPA
- Three years of post-baccalaureate work experience
- Meet cut scores for Praxis Core in reading, writing and math
- Meet at least 75% of secondary endorsement requirements in at least one area
Prepare Early. Apply Early
- Application Deadline: May 1
- Plan ahead. Some steps in the application process may take several weeks to complete. Please allow at least 6 weeks to complete and submit your application.
- Submit everything by the deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the faculty.
- Admission is selective. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.