- Baccalaureate degree or higher
- 2.75 GPA
- Three years of post-baccalaureate work experience
- Meet cut scores for PRAXIS Core in reading, writing, and math
- Meet at least 75% of secondary endorsement requirements in at least one area
Prepare and Apply
- The application deadline is May 1.
- Plan ahead – allow at least 6 weeks to complete and submit all required materials
- All documents and official scores must be received by the deadline
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted
- Admission is selective. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
In granting admission to the Regent Alternative Pathway to Iowa Licensure (RAPIL), consideration is given to the scholarship, character, disposition, and leadership potential of the applicant. Admission to RAPIL is denied to anyone who has made unsuccessful attempt in previous teacher licensure programs.